Pisces Moon

With the Pisces Full Moon energy still resonating and a stream of beautiful Pisces Moon souls flowing into my life this week, I thought I’d update and expand this little piece from the Facebook page. Hope you enjoy!

Moon is the inner self. It’s how we feel on a day-to-day basis. How we nurture ourselves and others and how we allow ourselves to be nurtured. The transiting Moon (where the Moon is on any given day) will tend to be an emotional filter for how we experience the world. For example on an Aries Moon day, you’ll probably notice that people are driving much more aggressively than usual. On a day where the Moon is in Cancer, you may find childhood memories pulling you strongly into the past or crave the ritual of cooking a nice pot of soup or baking cookies.

Pisces Moon is ultra-sensitive to the immediate environment. Pisces is the sign of oceanic emotionality, of universal emotional connectivity. Which means that under the Pisces Moon, our visionary compassion is stimulated – we tend to feel more than ever that we are All-One. But the negative side of this transit is that we tend to be extra susceptible to bleed-through from the emotions of the people around us. It can be hard to tell which feelings are properly “ours” and which are feelings we’ve picked up from the people around us.

All of these qualities apply to Pisces Moon natives (Pisces Moon in your birth chart). Pisces Moon people, whatever their outer demeanor may be, are ultra-sensitive on the inside. Pisces’ biggest challenge is its inherent lack of boundaries, and learning how to have appropriate boundaries and to get (and stay) grounded can be a lifelong task for Pisces Moon people.

Pisces Moon is also easily influenced by entities in the astral realm – my feeling is that Pisces Moon people can, especially earlier in life, have a much harder time than other people with addiction – to drugs and alcohol, sure, but also and perhaps more frequently to energy vampires and to the kind of sexuality and/or fantasy that promises union with the Divine but ultimately leaves the native drained, depleted and disillusioned.

Where Pisces Sun natives are especially prone to physical addiction (Sun = the body), Pisces Moon natives are more drawn to psychological or emotional addictions. [This is a fine line, but seems to have validity in my experience. If you're the proud owner of a Pisces Moon, I'd love to hear your comment.]

Pisces feels so comfortable in the astral realms that the temptation to repeatedly use marijuana, alcohol or sex to escape into these dream-spaces can be a major block to moving forward in real life. Learning to use creativity, nature, meditation, visualization, mantra, energy work, etc., as portals to the higher realms of consciousness can greatly restore Pisces Moon people’s energy and self-confidence because it enables them to journey without paying the high price of having their energy drained by the entities that can come in when we use drugs, alcohol and sex to force open the aura.

The Need to Own Your Energy

One of the biggest challenges for Pisces Moon natives is owning their own energy. Because her aura is so naturally permeable, the Pisces Moon native tends to soak up the psychic energy of the people around her. Pisces Moon people often become overwhelmingly tired when they are stuck with people who are in a negative emotional state. This is especially true of close relationships but also extends to situations such as a negative work environment or even a city that is going through tough economic times or high crime and where the majority feeling tone of the populace is one of fear, negativity and despair.

Feeling energetically drained is a clear sign that your Pisces Moon is feeling overwhelmed, either because you’re allowing another person or entity to suck your energy or because you’re taking on the emotions or energy of another person or entity. (It takes a lot of energy to hold someone else’s negative emotions in your body!)

I always tell my Pisces Moon clients: “You have a right to your own energy. No matter how much someone else appears to be suffering, you are not helping them by letting them drain your life energy. And you’ll never be able to manifest your own destiny until you learn how to hang on to your energy.”

The Pisces Moon has its advantages. Not only are these people able to experience moments of transcendent beauty that few of us every attain to, the Pisces Moon can operate like a secret spy network for these people. Their extraordinary ability to psychically tap into the emotional currents of people and of the world and to see in the astral realm gives them a sort of sixth sense about what is going to happen next. For Pisces Moon people to thrive, however, they must develop a daily grounding and centering practice that enables them to:

• Check in honestly with their emotions;
  • Discern which feelings are properly “theirs” and which feelings are emotional imprints they’ve picked up from others; and
  • Cleanse themselves of toxic emotional build-up and replenish their energy by grounding into the Earth.

Mastering their own energy won’t make these people less sensitive. But it will enable them to use that sensitivity to help their own cause, rather than depleting their energy to every energy vampire and hungry ghost that wanders through the room.

Tips & Tricks

• There’s a great little book called The Art of Psychic Protection by Judy Hall with a whole bunch of easy and effective visualizations for cutting ties to energy vampires and grounding yourself in a healthy way. She also mentions stones and flower essences that help with specific conditions.
  • One of my mentors, New Orleans Psychic Cari Roy, recommends carrying a piece of petrified wood in one’s left pocket and a piece of red jasper in one’s right pocket. I found this practice tremendously helpful in learning to navigate the highly-charged psychic environment of New Orleans without being totally swamped.
  • I also recommend the black stones — tourmaline, jet, onyx, obsidian — for reflecting away negative energy. Just remember to clean your stones of accumulated energy occasionally by “smoking” them with sage, washing them under running water, etc.
This entry was posted in Articles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

169 Comments

1. Posted July 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi, I have Moon at 28 Pisces. I very much respect D.K.’s interpretation, but it doesn’t completely resonate for me. Being sensitive is very much part of Pisces Moon, but physical and psychological escapes are not really a problem for me. I do have an imagination, but often the problem with it is that it simply doesn’t materialize into reality. Dreaming about starting a business, changing your life in some way, etc. So that part of it rings a bell, if that’s what you were partially talking about.

I can tell you, not lately, but sometimes, I am psychically attacked at night. I’ve had visions that are very personal and usually I don’t talk about them (they occur in my sleep). I would not say they’re dreams, they’re quite real.

Posted September 14, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey Triple H20,

See the links in my comment higher up the thread to Saskia’s Flower Essences and Bright Wings Flower Essences. I feel the yarrow-based formulas (both of the ones I recommended) would help a lot with the psychic attacks in your sleep. Also, it’s hard for those of us who are energy-sensitive to manifest our dreams until we can really learn to clear the astral or emotional energy we absorb on a daily (and usually we need many times daily) basis. I have learned this the hard way over many years – it takes energy to manifest. And one of the big challenges of Pisces Moon is that there is a tendency to be constantly leaking energy. Best wishes, DK

2. Posted August 13, 2012 at 5:47 am | Permalink | Edit

Lovely article! However the response is what is so intriguing! I share many similarities with these people even though the rest of our charts are quite different. I am a Sag with a Pisces moon in the 2nd house and capricorn rising. I am currently single but am sleeping with a man whom has a leo moon. He makes me feel unimportant. After reading the comments i can see i am not alone in this struggle of emotional attachment and attraction of those who are negative and “need help”. I am an artist. I smoke marijuana as well as cigarettes but my family doesn’t know. I am never at home, I am a bit of a drifter from one friends house to another. I know i can’t do this forever , but being alone scares me.

• kat Hemrich
      Posted August 20, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Ariel (aka Sag Sun w/Pisces moon).
      Your note of course tugged a bit at my heart – I’m a Scorpio Sun, Pisces moon (but lots of Libra and a Sagittarius Venus).
      Leo moons are really hard for me – I find them too bossy – I usually have to either end the relationship or fight with them a lot which I don’t want to do really (Libra rising and Libra mercury).
      But my north node is in Aries – so i will fight if I have to but I ask myself this often “What do I really want? Who do I want to be with? And if someone isn’t supporting me the way I need it – do I really need them?”
      Leo Moons can be big babies – if he makes you feel unimportant tell him that and see if some changes are possible – if not – I’d suggest moving on.
      One more thing – it’s very Sagittarius of you to be moving around – Pisces prefer to be more a lone at home and safe – but you’re Sagittarius is probably running too much – so if possible? Find a solid base – where you can grow and flow – that’s truly what your Sagittarius//Pisces is about – growing and flowing in this life.
      Best of luck!
      Kat

• Ariel friesner
        Posted February 14, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Permalink | Edit

Thanks so much for your response to my earlier post ! I have since now left the Leo moon man behind and am in a relationship with a Capricorn with moon in cancer. He is very grounded which is good for me , and we both share venus in Sagittarius. However I still feel an extreme bond to Leo moon guys family and am having trouble breaking away from that environment completely . Since my moon is in the 2nd house I have come to realize that I have an emotional possessiveness of people . I am trying to guard my energy with jasper and petrified wood as you suggested . They are really helping me tune out the noise of emotional chatter. Thanks again Ariel Friesner

Posted February 26, 2013 at 2:00 am | Permalink | Edit

Hey Ariel,

Hooray for you! You know, just having that awareness about your 2nd House moon will be so helpful. I believe that with the persistent ‘challenge’ patterns in the chart, we just have to keep working to take them to a higher vibration. One relationship we make a little progress, the next one we make more, and so on.

So did you find the jasper and petrified wood helpful? Let us know what is working for you. I’m hoping this comment section can kind of be a mini-forum where people can share experiences that will help the other Pisces Moons out there! (My little girl has a Pisces Moon and she is so sensitive. She says, “Daddy, when someone feels upset I feel everything they’re feeling, just like if it was me.”)

Warmly,
          DK

Posted September 14, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Ariel,

I think Kat pretty much nailed it, but I will add one thing. You are not grounded and learning to ground yourself can really help you with everything you mentioned. The image I get is that you are floating about two feet above your body (and to the right it seems). Marijuana makes it hard to be grounded, but not being grounded makes marijuana very very attractive. The problem with pot (and trust me I speak from long experience) is that it actually accentuates that Pisces Moon process of soaking up others’ energy. So, the first thing for you is to learn how to ground yourself and run energy out of your body. When you are alone (you can do this in the shower), connect to the earth until you can feel it in your lower abdomen and then intentionally cleanse all the energy you’ve picked up from boyfriend, parents and anyone else who comes to mind. Run it down the drain or out your feet and into the earth. Leaning against a tree for 10 minutes will help tremendously – the tree will take the “dark” energy and purify it…..All the best, DK

• Ariel friesner
        Posted February 14, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Permalink | Edit

Thanks for your advice DK! I am going to try this tonight ! I have been searching for some instruction on what I could do, I appreciate your feedback tremendously!

3. Vanessa
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink | Edit

I am a libra sun pieces moon I am so sensitive and people suck the energy from me very easily.. I can be in a group of people and feel like crying to extreme happy in the matter of seconds it’s really hard on me I need to learn to have my own feelings and ground my self.. Do I have any hope in having a happy relationship I’ve been I a few long term but they such the energy out of me and I get depressed and crazy after a few years and push them away..

Your truly vanessa

Posted September 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey Vanessa,

With all that openness in your energy signature, your only hope for a truly happy longterm relationship is to become a real fanatic about managing your energy. You probably need to be doing psychich cord-cutting every day, at least until you get a handle on the difference between your energy and the energy of others who are draining you or dumping their stuff on you. You also need to master grounding and centering. Until it’s just a habit – whenever you start to feel out of sorts, unduly fatigued, however you experience the energy drain – you automatically ground and recenter yourself. This is a lifelong mastery for you, but it will only work when you realize you can’t afford to live like everyone else does. Because of your sensitivity, you have “special needs” and you must really become a warrior of guarding your own energy. I have Tie-Cutting and a Grounding and Centering guided meditations on my site: http://wordsforthepeople.com/store

You might also try using black gemstones like tourmaline, obsidian or jet to deflect negative psychic energy and help you ground. Red jasper is good too. And flower essences have been very helpful for me. I have two colleagues who make wonderful essences and both of the following have really helped me build up my psychic boundaries:

Saskia’s Yarrow essence: http://www.saskiasfloweressences.com/yarrow.html
      Nancy’s Healer’s essence: http://www.brightwingsessences.com/flower/healing.php

Wishing you the life of your dreams,
      DK

• David Mcfarland
        Posted November 4, 2012 at 10:28 am | Permalink | Edit

hi D.K im a libra ascendant, sagittarius sun, scorpio moon im still trying to understand myself im a heavy drinker and i relate to the pisces moon and feeling drained by people around you i drink to help mitigate that but it makes its worse im posting though cause i have a best friend taht is pisces sun aquarius moon and i wanted to get him one of the black stones you mentioned to help cleanse was wondering if you could tell me a good source i dont want to get ripped off want to get him a geniune stone

Posted November 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey David,

I dealt with my sensitivity by drinking heavily for more than a decade – obviously at some point the price you’re paying for the remedy becomes prohibitive…Sending you clear intentions to find a better way for yourself! This was my “go to” gem store when I lived in New Orleans. I don’t think they have a web site but they’re great people. Call ‘em up and tell ‘em I sent you and they’ll hook you up: http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-orleans-gem-and-lapidary-new-orleans

Love,
          DK

4. enersha
    Posted October 12, 2012 at 3:40 am | Permalink | Edit

I hope this works. somethings draining me, at times so emotionally overwhelming im empty insiders I smoke marijuana daily to self medicate which ultimately helps nothing.im a scorpio sun pisces moon which I consider a curse minus the creativity and musical abilities.

Posted November 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey Enersha,

I get it. I’m a musician too and although I love that aspect of the sensitivity, the rest of it has often felt like a curse. But there are tremendous gifts when you can develop the ability to ground yourself and clear all of the extraneous psychic energy you tend to soak up. Make the commitment that you’re going to figure out how to do this for yourself. That’s the first step. Ask for help. And then start seeking – the remedies are out there. I’ve listed a lot of resources throughout the comments here as good places to start. May you find your own answers with truth and grace! DK

5. Shweta
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 8:36 am | Permalink | Edit

Hi,
    I’m a leo sun and pisces moon.What puzzles me d most is I am always confused about what decisions to take.On a practical level I know abt d right decisions to be taken bt on an emotional level I feel empty.I always feel i’m betraying myself and d same thing happens in d vice versa situations as well.Moreover I feel I get more drained of energy when i’m around very loud or happier group of people,it takes a lot of my energy to be a part of so much of activity and eventually I get lost in some imaginary world where i’m not even imagining anything.I’m dating a scorpio man who seems smitten to me but sometyms I feel lyk running away from this relationship n I have to mentally coax myself to get back.I think i’m always making it harder for d guys to manage me in a relationship.they can’t figure out what exactly I need n neither can I.and eventually I end up the relationship fr no reason at all.Is dere anything at all that I can do about myself? coz I really don’t want to ruin this relationship which i’m gonna do soon for sure.

Yours truly,
    Shweta

Posted November 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Shweta,

That’s very typical Pisces Moon manifestation – hard to be anywhere there is a lot of unfocused psychic energy. See my response to Ryan as far as the importance of grounding and centering and tie-cutting. You have to really get the awareness that you can’t afford to live the way ‘everyone else’ seems to live and start tailoring your life accordingly. That will enable you to start living more in your gift and less in the wounded part of your psyche. If you want to really understand your blueprint and your energy on a deeper level, I’m doing a special price on all my readings through the end of the year. I’d be honored to help you with this: http://wordsforthepeople.com/2012/10/reading-special/

Warmly,
      DK

6. Ryan Callaghan
    Posted October 22, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi,
    I’m a Aquarius sun/ Pisces moon Leo rising/ascendent. I am always day dreaming and wondering off in my mind. I haven’t had a relationship with a girl in 3 years. Its not that i dont want one, but i feel like im not worth the girls time. Also i been having very strange dreams that are coming true three to four weeks later. Any ideas on how to help with these things?

Posted November 5, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey Ryan,

Grounding and centering is a huge place to begin. That will help with the spaciness. I have a meditation for doing the grounding work:

It’s just something you have to commit to and do several times a day as needed until you start to get a feel for it. Also, doing psychic cord-cutting with people who drain your energy, whether in the present or past relationships. As far as the dreams go, I would definitely start keeping a daily dream journal. Dreaming is a gift and it’s your soul’s way of trying to help you move into more of the life you came here to live. With all psychic processes, the more attention you give them the more they will be able to help you. Hope this is a good start! DK

7. Posted November 8, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink | Edit

i´ve been reading, all this comments, and i´m emotioned, with the majority beauty of them, although What i find most strange, is the lack of pride and fulfillment, that most of you, brothers seem to share. If we think by a logical point of view, we can understand by the laws of spirituality that a moon Pisces is a notorious blessing, we deserved to receive in this life by our karma. Basically to own a moon in Pisces, is to have the chance to access the truth of the universe. Off course that great power also, requires great responsibility, but after all, that´s what each one of us, that as such a deep access to the heart, must focus on. If you take this chance the universe gave us, and let yourself enjoy such a blessing, we can focus on our inner self, and trough the peace, we need to built there, at our core, we can enjoy this world wiyh so much love and clarity, that every other little detail, more difficult to deal, will become smaller and smaller, until the state of comprehension..bliss. I´m also a moon pisces, my sun is in Scorpio and my ascendant in Gemini. I also, have the same difficulties, dear Mr. Brainard, describes in this wonderful article, but i also, know by straight logic, that this moon, is such a huge power, such a magical blessing, that i find strength in that, and just need to focus on my true inner self, through prays or meditation. Off course this is not easy, but would it be worthy if it was? Don´t forget how you can change small worlds with a simple smile of your soul.
    Kind Regards, Brothers

8. Enlightened
    Posted November 16, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi,

Just joined today..love this website.
    I am “psychic”, I guess one can say, and give readings through tarot cards & regular playing cards. I also absorb everyone’s energy.

My moon is also in Pisces. I sage myself & my environment EVERY day. I also wanted to tell you, that everything you wrote about moon in Pisces, pertains to me! You asked to hear from us, so yes, you are right! I may pick up that book you referenced above.

Stephanie

9. David
    Posted November 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi D.K.

I just wanted to share my experience with pisces moon with you.

I’m a Gemini sun (in third house), Pisces moon (in first house), and Pisces ascendent (Aries mars in first house too) but also Saturn in the twelfth house, which I’ve found to be a compounding issue

I’ve had great loss in my life that crippled me for a while, but now I’m starting to work through it. I’m currently compelled to smoke pot all the time, there’s certain songs that evoke tremendous feeling while high, and i like the feeling of moving energy around my body.

I was wondering if you had any advice to how you overcame this attraction to pot, and “awoke” your abilities, as I have an immense desire to practice energy healing and have many ambitions to fix many of the broken systems in society, although I can’t settle on a medium for that action :p

It is extremely difficult to decide where to put my energy towards so that I can achieve my goals and dreams :)

David

Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey David,

Thanks for the beautiful comment. I started getting the message that I needed to quit smoking pot a couple years before I actually acquiesced and did it. I feel like part of it is listening to your spirit – I knew it wasn’t working for me the way it had in the past (I believe marijuana helped me immensely in working through some of my deep wounds up to a point – and then it wasn’t helping anymore.) The other part of it is finding a practice or practices that will enable you to (1) protect yourself psychically and release the negative energies your Pisces Moon and ASC tend to pick up as you move through the world; and (2) that enable you to feel good energy flowing through your body. It probably won’t feel as intensely pleasurable as pot does at first, but things like chanting mantra, toning, qui gong, and tai chi are all very pleasurable and enable you to move energy. The late great Thomas Ashley-Ferrand’s Healing Mantras CD is a great place to start : http://www.soundstrue.com/shop/Thomas-Ashley-Farrand's-Healing-Mantras/502.pd

and you can do it now (don’t wait till you quit smoking)…Jonathan Goldman also has some great CDs and books about toning: http://www.healingsounds.com

Also, see my other comments regarding psychic protection, grounding and centering, flower essences, etc. Here are two really good flower essences that will help strengthen your aura: Nancy Boyd’s Healers Essence: http://www.brightwingsessences.com/flower/healing.php

Saskia’s Yarrow Essence: http://www.saskiasfloweressences.com/yarrow.html

And you might check out The Inner Guide Meditation – make sure to read the first 50 pages before you try it – http://www.amazon.com/Inner-Guide-Meditation-Spiritual-Technology/dp/0877286574

Wishing you many blessings as you unfold your healing self into the world!
      DK

10. Gemma
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey I am a gemini with moon in Pisces and Saggi rising. Its weird. I am a very outgoing person usually, love meeting new people, can have a loooong convo with someone I’ve only met 5 mins ago (male and female,not based on attraction) and I can make speeches well. Typical extrovert you would think. I’m also into marketing and events. However…the people closest to me who know me well tease me on how sensitive I am..I would literally cry for nonsense sometimes…its not whats said its how it was said and my mood when it was said. For eg. criticism. When I’m my usual upbeat self I can handle it well, but when my pisces moon takes over its like i’m a whole different person who wants to cry for everything. I also distance myself from people for a while when I’m hurt. My gemini sun wants to be around people..my saggi rising makes me seem like a social butterfly..but inside my pisces moon is like leave. me. alone! Its hard sometimes because people, (I attract alot of scorpio suns) who are able to manipulate me quite well idk if on purpose or it just happens…but people tend to get close to me then disappoint me..and it crushes me everytime….

• SG
      Posted April 19, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Permalink | Edit

This is a very vibrant community of sharing. Love reading all of the post. Your article was spot on for me, sans the addictive personality aspect. I am a Sag sun 7th house w/ Pisces moon 10th house. I’m always picking up others energy. Grateful to have a cap Mercury. But I still need help with seeking validation or from “saving” people. Plus, my Gemini rising hasn’t been so helpful in accurate self expression. Now In my 1 st Saturn return, I’m learning to love myself and stay out of lalaland (my mind is a powerhouse of fantasy) but I’m still looking for techniques to implement that can help me grow. As a Pisces moon, never had a drinking or drug problem. No addictions. But opening the sex aura, maybe. I just assumed it was my Venus in Scorpio?

Posted May 2, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink | Edit

Yeah, pretty cool! I keep meaning to write about the other moon signs as this one post has opened up such a great community of sharing, as you say. Well, Venus in Scorpio would definitely contribute to the sex aura thing. But I would think that’s also some of that Pisces Moon compulsion to dissolve the limited ego self and unify with what else is ‘out there’….Are you an artist? Moon in the 10th House people have a psychological need for success/fame/recognition. Would be interesting to see how that plays out for you. I think the ferocity of Sag is also probably a blessing for you! Best, DK

11. Bonnie
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi DK
    Im a double pisces (sun and moon) with a libra rising. Yay…. It’s no surprise that I’m a reiki practitioner and crystal healer. Or that I’m going through my second divorce. I’m new to astrology and found this article refreshing. I’m not crazy, I’m “sensitive!” Thanks! Ironically, I left my husband because of his alcohol/drug abuse. I’ve only tried marijuana a few times and had never been drunk in my whole life until this last August (and after my first “hangover” there will not likely be a repeat). No physical addictions for me, but I’m curious about the concept of psychological addictions. I’m currently reading Psychic Protection by Judy Hall (Oct 2012) It’s a must-read for people like me. Y’know, “sensitive.”

12. Lola
    Posted November 29, 2012 at 7:42 am | Permalink | Edit

So weird and true about pisces moon. I have a virgo sun, pisces moon, and libra rising, venus and mercury. I react to every situation emotionally and now I know why. It’s hard for me to make decisions, thanks to Libra and my fish swimming in different directions. I have very good intuition in my judgment of people. I FEEL negative energy and can’t stand to be around it, it is taxing on my soul. Also, music really affects my mood. I have boundary troubles, I react defensively a lot, especially when negative people are putting my emotions through the ringer. I need to reserve my energy for myself and what I want out of life and let the negative affect only themselves.

• Francesca
      Posted October 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink | Edit

I am a libra rising Pisces moon Virgo sun as well and out problem is we try to deal with our emotions logically and we have the sensetivity and ‘dramatic’ expressions but to us the drama is real we see and feel emotions are a realistic larger scale and the world paints it’s picture without it having to tell us. Music has always been an escape and emotionally soothing.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Francesca – that’s a big polarity, the Virgo-Pisces! And the Libra, as you say, tends to also want to process everything mentally. The more you are able to integrate those two sides, though, what a palette you have to paint with!

13. *elise
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hello D. K.,
    thank you so much for your amazing article, it was exactly what I needed to read and it gave so much sense to many things that happened in my life. I’m cancer sun, taurus rising and pisces moon. Big hug, Elise

Posted February 2, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Elise,

So glad you found it helpful! We water signs need all the understanding we can get :)

DK

14. alvin
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi D.K.

I can relate to this article.

I’m a Gemini Sun, Pisces Moon, Libra Rising

Escape for me, however, is different, though I’m very sure the effect is the same. I use movies and fiction to escape reality. Whenever I’m pressured by reality, I run away. I read, I watch movies nonstop… And I forget everything, at least for the moment. Then, reality’s back and I run away again and the cycle continues. I’m trying to break-free of this pattern by asking the help of my other planets…

I’m not sure if this is the work of Pisces, but one of the things that I discovered about me is that by feeling other people’s emotions, I can see through them and I sort of… Know what makes them tick. And this is useful to me because I can always adjust to them, or think of ways… or strategy, whatever. I just need to detach myself in order for me to think, else I’ll be swamped by their emotions… which happens all the time… Lol!

This is what you call empathy, right?

Being a Gemini makes me a… Thinking person… Having a Moon in Pisces makes me a feeling person… Wow. If I have to describe myself it would be like… A constant tug of war inside me… And it makes me crazy sometimes… Well, most of the time..Because I get confused at times…

Which one is better?

Then it came to me… Why not choose both? Instead of them fighting for domination, why not cooperate? Use them both to my advantage?

Well, this revelation is still new to me… I hope someday I can conquer them both.

Posted February 2, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey Alvin,

You know, your phrase “a tug of war inside me” is a great explanation of what happens when you have the Sun and Moon in signs that are square to each other. Even if the Sun and Moon aren’t in a traditional square aspect (90 degrees apart, give or take 10 degrees), having them in signs that are a quarter around the zodiac from each other will give the same effect.

I think that both the Gemini and the Pisces probably fuel the escapism you describe. Gemini needs mental stimulation, so I would say you’re already doing really well with that Sun-Moon setup. Much better than being strung out on heroin and constantly haranguing your flatmates to prove your intellectual superiority :)

(I was in a band with a Gemini crack addict once – whoa, talk about energy vampire yet fascinatingly attractive…)

One way you might work with this is to develop a feeling for your “Gemini Self” and your “Pisces Self” – and your Libra Self too. Seeing them as separate people within you, each with his/her own agenda, needs and preferences can help you to create more synergy and cooperation internally. You’ll see that sometimes it’s natural for Gemini to be at the forefront. And sometimes Gemini will try to steamroller Pisces Moon’s sensitive feelings with rational arguments, and then you’ll have to advocate for the Pisces Self…

Hope this is useful and thank you for sharing.

DK

P.S. I use reading as an escape, too, and as long as it doesn’t take over my life I feel like it’s a pretty good safe place for me to get away from the chaos of the world.

15. kelsi
    Posted March 2, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink | Edit

Okay here’s a little information on me. I am a moon Pisces and Sun Leo. I am a 16 year old female and I feel like my soul is in crisis. I claim no religion and I’ve just barely scratched the surface on astrology. However I recently discovered moon signs and have found most discriptions to be incredibly spot on as my sun sign never was. I am an extremely empathetic person and I suffer from sever anxiety and depression I think as a direct result of this. I feel like emotions hit me much harder than those around me and because all of my friends and family are in such damaged in miserable states I think I feel what they feel thinking I can somehow help it. The use of drugs though was a bit off for me, although I do use them I’ve suddenly lost the desire as holding onto reality is hard enough without them. I would love some more information on zodiacs and the astral plain and all the lovely things that go along with it. I am thoroughly intrigued by it all. If anyone could offer sources as to where I can research this it would be greatly appreciate.

16. Maebh
    Posted March 5, 2013 at 12:19 am | Permalink | Edit

Hi, i am scorpio sun, picses moon and a sagittarius rising. I completly understand what you mean by soaking up peoples energy..i often find myself quite depressed for no paticular reason. Or on the other had extremely happy. It can be so draining..thankfully i’ve not turned to smoking or drinking but i can tell hoe easy thst would be for me. Its scary.
    Im trying to understand myself through my signs. Your article dedcribed me very well.
    I dont know how to explain this but i constantly have a lack of motivation and energy. It seems I happy on the outside but its all over the place on the inside. If that makes sense. Im also ambitious, rebellious..i crave freedom (that may be because of my current position, i have very limited freedom)
    I dont know im a bit lost..thanks for reading, Maebh

17. Maria
    Posted March 17, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Permalink | Edit

thank you for bringing these lovely things up: I am a sag sun, leo rising pisces moon and totally recognize the tugging as well as the emotional drain and reading others describe: at the same time with this other stuff I am a rather dominant leader type as well so people – and myself! can get confused sometimes… I really liked the grounding suggestions and have noticed that Tai Chi and insight meditations are of great help to relieve tensions… I also read a lot – too much perhaps? and have had a spell of really heavy drinking that I managed to break away from thanx heavens after some time in meditation and reading/going to AA meetings …understanding the need to give myself over to a Higher Force knowing that I am totally useless in dealing with my own life as when in conflict with myself I get totally confused and can not make any decisions… and off I go to explore another part of planet Earth or whatever… or into a cave to calm down… now its more in balance…! keep up the good work! its an interesting life and its sooo worth getting grounded!

18. Jackie
    Posted April 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hello, I am a libra sun capricorn rising pisces moon. It seems to me this is a conflicting astrological setup. Because of my rising sign, I have always been a very responsible person even at a very young age. People often see me as strong and dependable, and I usually find myself in a position to lead. I also have a sort of confidence and structure in my outward appearance that makes people ask me if I am in the military when they meet me. I am a good leader but I have no desire for it, and only do so when there is a need.
    My sun sign being libra, I love being in a crowd, I am very sociable. I love to talk, I love learning languages and meeting new people, hearing new stories, exchanging ideas. I see both sides of an argument but usually never come to a conclusion. My friends call me a smooth talker, and I would consider this very accurate. Language, for me, is an art. Communication is the manifestation. The downside is if I socialize too much, I feel drained and lonely.
    Then there is this pisces moon. I used to tell people I was an empath. I have a very strong emotional intuition that I have never really been able to explain. I feel things often before I understand them. When people are hurting, I hurt. I find myself drawn to people with emotional pain. And even though it hurts me, I always try to find a way to ease their pain. It seems as though I am doing this by drawing their suffering into myself because after I make someone happy, I feel like I could cry. I used to run from this, I withdrew from all my social circles and stopped making friends for years.
    That is where the conflict arises. My libra self NEEDS to be social. The pisces moon draws me to people in need, and my capricorn rising has a sense of duty to help them. I know, feel, like I have a gift when it comes to understanding people…. And even though it hurts, I want to….
    I just feel like it will never be enough…

19. Alonte The Sunshine
    Posted April 4, 2013 at 1:14 am | Permalink | Edit

I just purchased a Garnet &Silver ring. I read that this on my right hand (I’m lefty so righties would wear it on the left) grounds also.Initially bought because of my Aquarius Descendant. Trusted my intuition to put it on my right ring and immediately felt A diffy. Thank you Leo rising for you jewelry sense,Aquarkus descending for your knowing aire, and Pisces moon for this Divine connection. Curious of the future, yet I’ll just enjpy the show. Like finally getting glasses, or a hearing aide.Thank You.all!

20. Matthew
    Posted April 21, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink | Edit

D.K., this is a wonderful and helpful piece. It reminded me of long learned lessons which are all too quickly neglected and forgotten in the midst of the press.

As well I enjoy the balance you well find in speaking unapologetically about non-material realms and forces that we more psychically active folks deal with on a continual basis without going over the top into ridiculous and nonsensical New Age flourishes. You strike a natural realism about the matter which to my mind is the only satisfactory manner in which to speak of them.

Answering your request for feedback as someone with an Eighth House Pisces natal Moon and whose dearest, most intimate friend’s natal Sun position is in Pisces; you speak absolutely correctly and in a way that echos extensive notes of my own when pointing out the psychological and emotional vs. physical emphasis difference in our susceptibilities to addiction. This is a very accurate and valuable observation on your part.

Best Wishes

Posted May 2, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey thanks Matthew! Appreciate the feedback – interesting challenge, but also exceptional, for those of us privileged to walk in both the seen and the unseen worlds at the same time. Best wishes to you and your Piscean friend :)

21. Apples
    Posted May 29, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink | Edit

Wow! So glad I found this site and read this article! I’m a Cappy sun Pisces Moon Aquarius rising! I love my astrological make up because deep down I know its a blessing but boy oh boy I can’t wait to get a handle on this! I’m sooo emotional and I aim to please people I love soooo much and I’m a pefectionist. I cry a lot when I think about my life to others I’m doing well and I’m very intelligent but to me I’m not where I want to be I want my own business I hate working for others and I’m only 25 I finished school and have been in the medical field for 7 yrs now I make decent money but the job is so draining its not for me I want the life that I want. So I cry and I do feel the self pity cause I feel that its seems easier for others to accomplish their dreams over me. Its hard for me to focus and stay disciplined and I get discouraged easy saying to myself “that will never work” “that’s a stupid idea” … I fear failing I have constant anxieties and fears of the unknown. I just want to be happy and balanced. I know I’m meant to be someone great and this astrological make up is a blessing but once I have it all figured out I’ll be alright. Just getting there is the tough part. I have no friends cause I feel that people feel that I’m above their level and a lot of times I am … I go over there heads with my deep thinking and thoughts and conversation. I feel I shouldn’t have to “dumb myself down” for friends. I love me but I’m sad and lonely … in a relationship with a great fiance but he isn’t quite where I am either but he loves me and he tries. But I would like to have a platonic friend who has a deeper mental connection to me.

22. Richard
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 6:41 am | Permalink | Edit

Loved the article about Pisces moon and could relate being a Pisces Moon, Pisces Sun,
    Pisces Venus… all I can say is… thank god for my Virgo rising!

Love to all,

23. Richelle
    Posted July 5, 2013 at 3:01 am | Permalink | Edit

I am a Gemini sun, Pisces moon, and Taurus rising. I definitely come off as a gemini, because I am extremely chatty and restless, but inside I am extremely soft!! Lol. I have been described as moody by a lot of people. I am perpetually in a dreamy/melancholic state. Anyway, thanks for the tips on cleansing and grounding. I recently had to cleanse my home after returning from school for the summer. My bf, who lives at home, he is a Cancer sun, and has a bit of a drinking problem. Anyway, I feel like he attracts a lot of negativity with the amount of drinking he does every night. So when I returned I felt like I couldn’t sleep at night, I felt like something was watching me or hovering over me. Sometimes I feel like something would take over my body, it’s so strange and frightening. I had to cleanse my house and it feels a little better. His sister, who is also a pisces moon, and pisces venus, has spiritual entities that follow her home from work (she works in an nursing home). She lives right across from us, so I think those entities add to the mix, as well. I do feel sensitive to other people’s emotions, and it is hard to know how I am really feeling and own those emotions at times. Thanks for the advice and I will work on it. :)

24. rose
    Posted July 6, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m glad i found this post as i am a Pisces moon. I have an Aquarius sun, Pisces moon and Libra rising. I have been struggling for years trying to manifest all that i see in my mind into reality. I have a very hard time sticking to anything, starting anything. It’s like if i see it in my mind, it’s as if I’ve achieved it… but I haven’t in REAL LIFE. I have nothing to show for it… i feel out of control, lazy but i truly don’t want to be. I also easily pick up other people’s emotions jealousy, anger, resentment, etc… and i take it personally. it’s like i know what they are thinking and i get angry, depressed, etc… knowing that they think that way towards me or others… but they never have to “say” anything. I just know… honestly, i know it is a gift but i wish i didn’t know. It’s exhausting. people have issues and i don’t need to pick up on it. That’s why people don’t share everything they think and feel… why should i pick up on it???? it truly is exhausting. I feel like my Jupiter and Venus conjunctions to my sun, moon, mercury just adds to me loves to just lounge around and not be grounded. any advice you have i’ll truly appreciate it. thank you…

25. Jay
    Posted July 20, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink | Edit

This is a great article with loads of insight! My Sun is in the cusp of Aquarius/Pisces(feb 18th). Moon, midheaven and north node are all in Pisces and Rising in Cancer. All of these watery emotions are somewhat challenged… Mercury is in Aquarius, Venus and Jupiter are in fiery Aries and Mars is in Sagittarius. But yea, negative people still suck the life right out of me and it can be very overwhelming at times. I love helping others in need but I won’t permit anyone to take advantage of my sacrificing nature! Struggled with pot and alcohol addiction for some years but eventually released those vices. Definitely an insomniac and can feel peoples auras plus know what they think. Whether they are in ecstasy, mad, sad or psychotic… I can feel them! At times I literally feel cursed and completely insane!! To stay grounded I do Qigong, Yoga Nidra, Fast, play sports, sing, listen to soothing music, lift weights and hang with close friends a lot. Keeps me happy and on my toes lol. Hope this helps…

26. Rida
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 12:10 am | Permalink | Edit

This article is wonderful and its insightful. I am a Aries Sun, Taurus rising and Pisces moon. I look very strong from the outside, but I am very emotional in the inside. I know what I want, and I know what is the right decision, but I have a hard time following through. I also pick up others energy like a sponge. I am always suffering from emotional conflict. Please advice me how to stop this emotional conflict and how to be a stronger person, to follow through with my decisions, also how to stop picking up others energy like a sponge. Thank you for your advice. Rida

27. Angelica
    Posted August 10, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink | Edit

I have a Pisces moon with a Cancer sun and Scorpio rising. I feel the urge to run away from negative people because they easily bring me down to their level and it’s dark. I also have very strong psychic abilities that only get stronger as I get older. I’m 21 right now and I had a powerful awareness about life and realization that I was a reincarnated soul in my very very earliest memories. I felt like I knew things most didn’t understand at like the age of 3. It’s crazy.

28. Senga
    Posted August 12, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m a double Pisces (sun/moon) and often find myself quite withdrawn though wanting to be more outgoing as well. I’m very intuitive, and currently working on grounding my energy and setting proper boundaries with others, especially with those close to me. I’ve realized that this requires a lot from me, and also a few good friends to protect me from the dangers I cannot readily see.

My Capricorn rising helps me in business, however I often find it difficult to balance my “cold” exterior (as protective shell) and my “warm soft” interior. It’s a constant struggle! Both my parents drain my energy constantly, and sadly the only way I can keep my energy from being sucked dry is to keep a very far distance. I know eventually I will have mastered boundary setting and will be able to get closer, but for now this works for me.

On love, I have the worst luck in the world. Recently got out of an abusive relationship with a Pisces sun and Virgo moon person. This relationship proves that sun sign compatibility isn’t enough! I wish to help myself become more self protective while remaining a kindhearted, open person that I am.

29. Katherine
    Posted August 22, 2013 at 6:10 am | Permalink | Edit

I just figured out I am a Pisces Moon (also a Libra Sun [though closer to the virgo/libra cusp], Sagittarius rising) and randomly came across your site. You said you wanted to hear comments about your statement, “Pisces Moon natives are more drawn to psychological or emotional addictions” and I just wanted to say, I can totally relate! In fact, I know I’ve said this many times to myself before.. that I don’t feel like I can become addicted to drugs and alcohol but if there’s one thing I could be addicted to, it’s someONE. I get so addicted to the attention and the emotional connection and it really does suck out all of my energy sometimes, especially when it’s no longer reciprocated. And I’m pretty sure the libra in me doesn’t make it any easier!

Thanks for your insight!

30. Marineposa
    Posted September 25, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink | Edit

I am a Sun Capricorn, Moon in Pisces. My Saturn makes no aspects to any other planet. I thought that was more significant for why I don’t feel grounded and yet everything works out well for me–I lack nothing essential. I do share many of the traits listed above and by most of you here. I don’t do any drugs, but who needs drugs when it’s too easy to check out? Like all of you, I’ve struggle with my escapist ways. I wish I were more grounded. Somehow I manage to have my life and finances in order. I struggle mostly with fulfilling of my dreams. It tough to manifest what I want. Often I am distracted by the needs of others and will put myself last. Other times I am just worn out. Of course sometimes out of the blue, I’ll have a lot of stamina and I am able to accomplish a great deal.

I travel a lot. I date someone from another country. He has a Leo Moon, Sun in Taurus, and is very adoring. He gets insecure though. My need for space, or time with myself seems to trigger arguments about me being distant and he not feeling close. I can only do so much time with someone else, before I need to retreat into my own world. I guess that’s how I recharge. I do see his manipulation from time to time and I simply withdraw–then he says that I’d leave him in a second, but that’s so not true! I am totally committed, but I will not be pushed around. I have boundaries now. I am very happy with him, but I need to be able to do my own thing, and my priority are my children who need my focus.

As for dreams, visions, disturbing energies, ghosts, etc., I have all those same issues and problems. Only now the entities that used to visit me, don’t do so as often. I am able to sleep at peace. Sometimes though if someone is dying or have passed away they contact me. I just pick-up on stuff.

I agree that Moon in Pisces is “more drawn to psychological or emotional addictions.” This is very true for me. I could not function with drug addictions on top of my Pisces Moon ways. I think as we age, I’m in my late 40s, Pisces Moon gets stronger, and somehow stays looking and feeling young. Hope this gives everyone courage to carry on and to know that you are stronger and wiser than you know. Of course, we will have dark days, but we’ll also get the cosmic joke. We’ll escape to our movies, emerge refreshed, and able to tackle whatever the days calls for. If not, there is always another chance we’ll do it again tomorrow. This seems to work for me, like I said sometimes I’m able to accomplish a lot.

31. Scorpio
    Posted October 27, 2013 at 5:53 am | Permalink | Edit

I am a Scorpio and there is this guy that’s a Pisces-Aries ( March 19th). He is an energy vampire. The minute he started sleeping behind the room behind my bed, I started having nightmares. In fact, the next day, I was so disoriented. I finally figured out the man is an energy vampire. He was so nice to me. But that’s what energy vampires do. I pretty ,uch want nothing to do with Pisces.

My energy belongs to be and that highway robbery, alias passive-aggressive shit does not work with me. It annoys me, so I kick them to the curb.

32. Scorpio
    Posted October 27, 2013 at 6:21 am | Permalink | Edit

Your comment , ” I know I’ve said this many times to myself before.. that I don’t feel like I can become addicted to drugs and alcohol but if there’s one thing I could be addicted to, it’s someONE. I get so addicted to the attention and the emotional connection” — Angelica.

PLEASE STOP THAT STUPID INSECURE BEHAVIOR. When someone tells you, they don’t want you around them, have enough self respect to back off of them. This almost the same shit that Pisces-Aries is trying to do and he is the idiot. When I say, I am not into you. I freakin’ mean, it. I mean it so much, that if I saw him stranded on the freeway, I will just roll through. You do realize your addiction to someone makes you look like a stalker. Stalker get restraining orders slapped on them.

Everyone should have a right to walk away from anyone, they just feel comfortable around, especially energy vampires. That stuff is not cool at all. To force yourself on people, just because you don’t feel comfortable in your skin. This is why I cannot stand Pisces.

I don’t care how gentle people say they are, this experience has made me make a note to run as far away as possible from all Pisces. They should find a weak soul to try their emotional vampirism and passive aggressiveness on, definitely not with a Scorpio.

33. Millie
    Posted December 1, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Permalink | Edit

I really liked this post. I have a pisces moon and my black moon is also in pisces. The whole issue of boundaries is a major problem for me. I somehow don’t seem to sense where one person begins and another ends, so it’s hard to create boundaries. I always feel that we are all one entity under the illusion of separation so it’s a completely alien concept to divide people into individual parts. This is not some hippy-dippy philosophy that I formulated, rather it has always been that way for me. I would really like to learn how to see these boundary lines and why people use them/need them.

Many people say pisces live in an illusory world, however, I think many lunar pisceans feel that everyone else is living in an illusion…that we are the only ones who see through the smoke and mirrors. We struggle because we are only ones who seem to notice that everyone else is caught in a web. We cry because we are sad for those caught in the trap and also because we are the only kid playing ball in the playground while everyone else is looking out from their windows. It’s lonely here.

My dad always said to never jump in to save a drowning man, instead throw them a lifeline, otherwise they will pull you under too. This is how I see my energy. When I absorb myself too much in another person’s illusory world, I end up being drowned. I have learned (and I am still learning) the hard way how to be a little less involved in another person’s psyche. This has really helped me.

Posted December 12, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Millie,

Thanks for the beautiful feedback. As a Pisces Sun, I would tend to agree with so much of what you said. I too often feel alone and sometimes lonely because I see and feel so much that others simply can’t seem to realize is there. I’m married to a Virgo and she often finishes a statement with …”Because I live in REALITY.” We joke about it, mostly, because what else are we going to do. But there’s a sadness there for me because it’s like, yes, that’s one aspect of reality. But it’s such a dull, drab slice of the vibrant bigger picture that I see.

I am coming to think that maybe the challenge for Pisces and Pisces Moon especially is not so much setting boundaries. Being able to set boundaries is still a skill worth working on. But because that is so inherently difficult for us to realize “where I end and someone else begins” in the consensus reality, maybe the more important skill is the one you alluded to: recognizing where being caught up in the emotional reaction other people are having to their own illusion and being able to consciously withdraw your own energy from their illusion.

I don’t have a Pisces Moon, so I’m not sure how resonant this is but I have learned over the years to limit my life in some pretty abnormal (for our society) ways in order to avoid being sucked in to the more negative illusions. I can’t watch most TV dramas because when I watch a character being mean or violent or being violated in some way, it makes my stomach hurt. That tells me that the illusion is getting stuck in my body. I can’t go to bars or malls or many other places with a lot of charged but unfocused psychic energy. If I have to make an appearance I really work on staying grounded and always give myself a time limit: “if you’re feeling drained by such and such o’clock, we’ll go.”

34. Posted January 14, 2014 at 9:53 am | Permalink | Edit

wow. i stumbled to this thread after doing some pisces moon reasearch, which happens almost every night before bed. my sun is in gemini(11th house), moon in pisces(8th), leo ascendant. my venus and mercury are in cancer (12th house) my mars is in taurus at 6 degrees midheaven seven. uranus and nep in cap (6th house) jupiter and pluto in scorpio, along with my north node, and my saturn is also in PISCES. I have the hardest time feeling grounded. so much so that thinking about the current moment, my current exsistance, my thoughts and feelings that i carry with me right now stress me out and sink me down to the deepest parts of the ocean.. my moon is so strong. i can look at almost anyone and cry for them. i can see the pain in their eyes.. it is so beautiful. death is my favorite subject and frequently on my mind. most people have a very hard time understanding me. those who dont understand me see me as superficial and lacking emotion/ heart. people who are close to me see how emotional i am but cant find the right way to get me to open up. sharing my thoughts and feelings is nearly impossible. i also have a simian single palmverse line or whatever its called making my thinking and feelings one in the same. do you think this is a comic joke making me gemini mr charming and communicative thoughtful and floaty mixed with powerful feelings of empathy and understanding? i wish i felt alive. i havent remembered any of my dreams for a very long time most likely due to my pot smoking. i cant kick the habit no matter how strongly i feel like i am holding myself back.. weed lifts up my gemini and wraps my pisces moon like a warm cozy blanket feeling of everything is okay. im desperately seeking answers but it seems i have read this post a little late. i read all other respones and only saw one other person mention gemini sun and pisces moon.. you didnt speak so highly of gemini.. how do i begin to understand which gemini is which? i feel like my
    gemini and pisces have a unique relationship. they compliment each other a lot and never seem to stop talking in my head. something i have come to understand is that i need to learn to see myself for my unity as well as my duality. i am a very mutable sign allowing me to see the highest of highs and lowest of lows..
    i appreciate any feedback❤️

35. melody
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m moon in Pisces….I dream too much…..I cry too much…I can’t keep a serious relationship longer than 5 years. I’m doomed in love, but have lots of genuine friends that love me and secret admirers that I don’t have mutual feelings for. Bad boys always strive for my attention and it’s upsetting.

36. Monika
    Posted March 10, 2014 at 8:57 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey :) thank you for the info.. :)

Love it!!
    I have sun in Leo, Moon in Pisces and Rising sun in Cancer.
    I have been through a lot i must say.. but now i understand a bit more the reason of such exhaustion..

Can you add to this info the other aspects that might influence my path??
    I am extremely sensitive and the part of having that intuition on another level completely true. I actually find in Praying mantras very useful for me. But I must say I feel very exhausted when i wake up. Is there any connection for this?!

Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi Monika,

Well, Sun and Rising sign in Cancer definitely adds to the sensitivity. I wouldn’t think the mantras would be keeping you from sleeping well. But the energy of the last few years has been somewhat challenging as far as sleep goes for a lot of us sensitives. “A lot of talk in the ethers” as my medium friend JJ Norman says.

Two things I’d suggest as far as sleep:

1) Try different herbs or supplements that can help your mind and body relax. Lavender, chamomile, more magnesium in your diet come to mind.
      2) Before going to sleep, ground yourself and encircle yourself with divine light as a protection. Also, tell your soul and spirit: I want you to stay in my body tonight and rejuvenate and refresh me while I sleep.

Sometimes our sleep feels poor because we are out ‘traveling’ while we sleep.

37. Deirdre
    Posted March 20, 2014 at 6:34 am | Permalink | Edit

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to all the souls struggling with addiction: Since we are all more or less creatures of habit, it happens that we at times form negative habits, and one of the best ways to overcome this is by REPLACING these negative habits, with positive ones. It sounds so simple, yet even the most innocuous thing can become negative when it’s abused. It’s up to you to find a constructive, creative outlet, or really, anything that makes you happy that you LOVE, that really feeds your SOUL, and fosters BALANCE. I think Joseph Campbell called it following your BLISS. Fulfillment. I’ve been meditating since age 9 – this has helped me through unspeakable insanities by reestablishing connection with Source.

Source is unconditional love.

Pisces moon is one of the strongest moons I know. Complex, perceptive, spooky fathomless depths; a great ocean of empathy, compassion, and sympathetic understanding, and that’s what makes them strong! Their weakness is their strength. Sometimes they are sunk, deluged, lost and confused in their own deep waters, and all they need is a kind word or two of loving encouragement to help them find the surface again.

I am not a Pisces moon tho several planets (sun, mercury, venus, jupiter) make strong aspects to Neptune, and Neptune’s in my 1st house, so I can relate somewhat to Piscean sensitivity. I am Sun-Moon Virgo. Sag rising. :p

I know life gets really hard sometimes, but love makes it all worthwhile, and the Source of love is always there waiting with open arms. “The Kingdom of Heaven is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it.”

This is what Source sings to us all:

May we all die to ourselves, and be reborn in the ever unknown ocean of love illimitable.

38. Kay
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:58 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hi I have a sun and moon in Pisces (born on partial eclipse lol) and I can relate to all of the comments and the original article. I love being around people, but I have had to cut ties from people who were taking advantage of the sensitive nature we have, and allow us to absorb all of their negative energy. It is definitely a learning experience. The problem I have is focusing on “reality” and trying to find the right direction in terms of working and finding the right environment. I am not motivated to follow footsteps of conventional thinking and would rather create my own path travel the world and help people. I don’t know if there are any tips to ground myself in terms of focusing. I have noted the shower, and tree, especially since nature is a huge reliever of these negative emotions.

39. Philip
    Posted April 7, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Permalink | Edit

I have always been extremely emotional and I remember my childhood being very difficult because of how emotional I was. At some point in my life I had learned to keep these emotions pushed back from my surface and to not let anyone see them. I hated so much that I was different then the rest of the world, so in my battle to not be different, I fought back by bottling my emotions up and pushing them deep within me. I had also, at an early age, started to write poetry, which for some reason helped me emotionally.
    I woke up one day, about two months ago and I had a thought in my head. I had a thought to look at astrology and I still can’t tell you why I had it, or where it came from. I’m 36 years old and prior to two months ago, I thought astrology was fictional and not worth my time. That day, I did my Natal Birth Chart, and for the first time in my life, I found out that I am a Sun in Gemini, Moon in Pisces, and an Ascendant Scorpio. My natal chart hit me with a close 100% accuracy and this just blew me away. Since then I have spoke with many other Lunar Pisceans and we all have shared the same emotional sensitivity.

I have only recently learned that I am a Pisces moon and I’m still trying to learn how to control my emotions and the emotions of other. I have had the same job for 17 years and the environment of it is extremely negative. There is so much backstabbing, cut throating, and lying going on in that mill, that I can now feel the negative energy in it. Now, whatever it was that made me turn to astrology is telling me to leave this job and I honestly think that it is probably the healthiest decision of my life. For 17 years there I have been addicted to substances, which were needed to keep me going. I always come home extremely drained and tired, which I will usually sleep most of the day. Plus I have always hid who I am, for fear of not being understood, teased, or not accepted.

After being alone for 36 years, you have no idea how good it does my heart to see other people like me. :)

40. Splendor
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 10:52 pm | Permalink | Edit

An astrologer who looked at my chart was totally shocked, and I am not sure why, but perhaps she saw something I didn’t. I am an Aries with Moon, Venus and Jupiter in Pisces in the 6th, and also I believe a load of other asteroids, as well as Mars and Saturn in Gemini in the 10th . I am massively creative and like to do things which are inventive, off the beaten track and quirky but they have to have a solid foundation and be in good taste (Virgo Ascendant).
    I am fond of my glass :P which I vastly prefer over prescription drugs. As I get older I find myavoiding people more and distancing from those with ulterior motives. I have been terribly tolerant in the past but now I find myself taking a good look at people and trying to suss them out from the word go instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt. I try to intuit how they make me feel…this is a more reliable indicator. I can’t get involved in other people’s problems any more, I need to take care of myself and explain to people that I need to disappear for a few days sometimes…when I need to.
    I am extremely sensitive to noise, foodstuffs, images, etc. I do not watch TV as I find it freaks me out. I am happiest within my own world of creativity – created by me!! It is a happy world with nice energies…I have so much creativity inside me to give that I don’t really need a lot of consumer goods. They don’t satisfy me as something I have created does.

41. Nicola
    Posted April 16, 2014 at 6:17 pm | Permalink | Edit

Hey All,
    I’ve just found this thread and it has been simply wonderful to read that there are other people like me in the world!!!! In Western Astrology I’m a Virgo sun and Aries moon, however I’ve gravitated over time to Vedic Astrology, simply because I’ve found it describes what’s really going on energetically. In Vedic Astrology I am a Leo Sun and Pisces moon. I can relate to most of what is written in the article, though have never seriously dabbled in alcohol and drugs. I saw a psychic in LA when I was 30 and she told me I absorb the most energy out of almost anyone she’s ever worked with. I completely agree with the comments about inability to manifest due to all the negative energy absorption. Even just getting my daily routine to balance seems impossible sometimes. The energy absorption really impacts my health though I just don’t know what to do about it. I wonder why people are so enamoured with these grounding techniques. Literally, they do nothing for me. The Only way I’ve found to successfully ground my own energy and to stop absorbing energy of others is to go to the gym every morning before work. Seems like a lot but it works so perfectly. I’m working on my emotional boundaries too:very important. I LOVE CRYSTALS because of how they feel, though they never had any good use for me.

Happy Shielding everyone ,
    Nicola

42. Alex
    Posted May 1, 2014 at 5:53 pm | Permalink | Edit

Just wanted to add my own comments / experiences. I’m 25, and I’m a Sun Capricorn, Sagittarius Ascendant, & a Moon Pisces. However, I’ve also got a stellium (4+ planets in conjunction with one another) in my 1st house, which is partially in conjunction with my Ascendant. This is composed, in order of closest-to-furthest; Venus, Uranus, Saturn, & Neptune. These signs are all Capricorn, and my sun is also in the 1st house. My Moon seems to be cusping the 2nd&3rd house.

So yeah, it’s an interesting chart, but I think it by-and-large works for me, and I’ve always been particularly found of my Moon. I think the presence of Saturn so close to my ascendant, in its ruling sign of Capricorn, has helped me develop a good distinction between my emotions vs. others emotions, but more importantly (IMO), helped me develop the distinction between my emotions vs. my reality. RuPaul tweeted a wonderful articulation of it, being that being so sensitive is hard because we identify with our emotions and we take them as reality since we feel them so intensely. But you’ve got to realize that we’re not our emotions, we’re the observer of our emotions and our emotions aren’t facts. They’re valuable reflectors onto reality as you experience from you position and with your history, but…that’s it. A reflection.

What I’ve found most DIFFICULT is that
    1) I find myself to be very apathetic towards…life in a way. I hear other people talk about a need to prove things to others, themselves, w/e…or they have their dreams about being…whatever…Or want to have money, or social power, or…whatever. I guess part of me doesn’t see the point… I don’t have a need or desire to prove myself or my abilities…
    It’s almost like I have a hard time doing things for myself. The only times I’ve felt like I’ve really been proactive in my approach to life, like a “go-getter,” has been when I’ve had someone in my life that I deeply felt for and wanted to SHOW them how amazing I actually am. And it’s not like they’re pressuring me or anything…it’s kinda just like me suddenly feeling a desire to put my best foot forward.
    2) Related to the above, I often feel like there isn’t really a place for me in society. The closest I’ve seen / am working towards is being a university professor. But even that’s looking like a less…reliable place in life. Sometimes I think about becoming a Priest, but…I find it hard to invest in any one spiritual or religious paradigm. But I do know that being in a position to help people change their narratives / expand their perspectives is what I would most like to do in life.

On an interesting side note, since we’re talking about astrology and all, I’ve always found it interesting that it was on the astrological date of Samhain, right around midnight too, when I fell 60-ish feet off cliff. I was 18 at the time, but even…geez, 7 years later I find the event ever more fascinating moment to try and examine myself before / after.

43. Pinstru
    Posted July 14, 2014 at 11:21 pm | Permalink | Edit

I’m a Virgo Sun, Pisces Moon, Scorpio Asc. w/ Cancer Venus & Mars. I definitely appreciate this article, especially the sections that highlight the Pisces moon habit of absorbing other people’s energies. I’ve been experiencing this a lot lately with my new boyfriend…a Libra Sun, Aries Moon, Leo Asc. w/ Sagittarius Venus & Mars…add to the fact that his moon is conjunct Saturn and his Venus/Mars conjunction is conjoined with Pluto in his 4th house, there’s just so much I pick up from him that he just…ignores. It’s baffling. Well…it would be unfair to say that he ignores it, in fact I appreciate that he isn’t weighed down so heavily by what affects him, but the fact that I can easily pick up on all of this energy that he tries so hard to hide REALLY affects me. Whenever I’m around him I end up incredibly tired, some of our cuddling sessions end with me crying silently because he just feels so rough to me…not physically, but underneath it his energy is just very rough ya know? It’s extremely strange and confusing because I do love and appreciate him, but this constant weighing down that I get from him is making me want to drop the relationship, unfortunately :/. The problem with that option is that we DO work well together…we compliment each other beautifully, we stimulate each other in areas that we lack, and I genuinely enjoy his personality and our dynamic.

So here’s my solution…give his energy back to him. I’m so thankful for these comments and this insight because it makes so much sense…I just have to release myself now and then. I shouldn’t have to feel obliged to hold all of this inside of me, and that goes for so many situations outside of this relationship. I love walking in nature, listening to music, imagining epic realities that I always tell myself I’ll write down someday…what if I just did that? I wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed all the time, all the extra could just leave. In terms of giving his energy back I think it’s really just a matter of being totally honest with my feelings about his feelings. I’ve gotten into this habit of just ignoring the obvious due to making him comfortable, but now I feel that it’s time to come clean, speak up about what I perceive and trust that he’ll get it. Most of the things I want to say aren’t even bad, it’s just the fact that my perception of everything is totally different from how he sees it, but I’m tired of operating from his viewpoint…I personally don’t think it’s efficient enough, plus I perceive it as coming from a wounded part of himself that’s making my interactions with him feel stifled. I’m hoping that admitting to this will release my angst surrounding it.

Another contributing factor maybe…we both have planets in each other’s 12th house, and our moons are nearly exact conjunct each other’s South Nodes (my SN in Aries, his SN in Pisces).

44. annie
    Posted September 12, 2014 at 7:20 pm | Permalink | Edit

I am a pisces moon, Leo sun and aquarius rising. I am extreme with emotions and feel the pain of others. I don’t really analyze things, I tend to feel them in my body. The weather affects me tremendously. I don’t think is a good thing to be a pisces moon, that is double emotion on top of more emotion. I paid a hard price in my life for it.